Professional indemnity insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) for Independent Midwives currently covers antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care.
For further information, please see the Independent Midwives UK website.
We will discuss all the elements in detail with you at our first meeting. This will help you to understand our role as MumMeBaby Birthing Partners before you make your decision to use our services.
Booking with MumMeBaby Birthing will be in addition to your Community Midwife or local care provider.
Currently, we are not providing midwifery services as an Independent Midwifes for Intrapartum care but only as a Birthing Partners for the Midwifery Led Care (MLU) or Consultant Led Care (CLU) care women and will not undertake home deliveries.
It is important that you only sign an agreement with MumMeBaby Birthing once you fully understand all the aspects our role.
Antenatal care: Before Birth
During the first visit we will discuss your health and the health of your family as well as your past/present pregnancy histories.
This will include:
- Early pregnancy symptoms
- Physical and emotional changes as pregnancy advances
- Life style and healthy pregnancy advice
If you have a dilemma or have a problem you think might be hard to discuss. We will be more than happy to listen.
These days we are more conscious of health and fitness than ever before. Many women believe that changes to their body during pregnancy can inhibit their ability to do certain things safely.
The truth is that there are many physiological changes a mother goes through whilst she is pregnant.
If your pregnancy is uncomplicated there is no evidence to suggest that you should stop being active. However, you have to listen to your body, take heed of the advice given to you by MumMeBaby Birthing and other professionals there should be no barriers to an active pregnancy.
You can feel energised and emotionally fulfilled while pregnant.
- Birth choices and styles.
- Natural and traditional methods of managing discomfort during and following the birth.
- Positions and techniques for comfort and relaxation in the early stages at home.
- Birthing ball and its use during latent (early) stage of labour.
- Use of water immersion for relaxation, comfort and birth.
- If you have been offered a caesarean delivery when you were planning a natural birth. Together we can discuss how to overcome possible fears and anxieties so you enjoy the birth of your baby.
- Role of your partner – how to help them to feel involved and supportive.
- Introduction to infant feeding – how to give it a good start.
- Newborn care and a lot more.....
During the four week course you will receive eight hours of education, each class will be 1½ to 2 hours duration. We will be discussing issues related to your health, pregnancy, birth and the mother and baby care following.
Postnatal checks on you and your baby.
- Infant Feeding support
- How to care after your newborn baby
- Infant sleep
- Life with a baby and a lot more...
In addition to the above we have up to date training and skills to perform newborn examination. This is conducted in the same way, as paediatricians would undertake in hospital or your GP at their local surgery.
At each visit you will have an opportunity to discuss any issues related to you and your baby’s health and wellbeing.
MumMeBaby Birthing package where all of the above are included plus:
On-call service from 37 week of gestation.
Weekly visits as your actual date of birth approaches.
Attendance at your birth in Midwifery Led Unit/Consultant Led Unit.
We will work closely with NHS colleagues and if medical intervention is offered, we will help to insure that you make fully informed decision and understand the necessity of change in the Birthing Plan.
MumMeBaby Birthing strongly recommend additional features such as:
- Massage in Pregnancy
- Sharing Pregnancy for Partners
- Developmental Baby Massage
- Soft Baby Yoga
MumMeBaby Birthing differentiates itself from the NHS by providing these invaluable features for you that will make a significant difference to the modern birthing experience.
Individual MumMeBaby Birthing packages
During our first meeting following assessment and a discussion of your needs, we will agree on the best options and your Individual MumMeBaby Birthing care package .
Everything is possible! Please contact us and we will make sure your individual needs are met.
Visits will be arranged at your home at mutually agreed time and will be relaxed and informative.